Re: base dependency warning

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >>    You must not place any packages into the `base' section before
> >>    this has been discussed on the `debian-devel' mailing list and a
> >>    consensus about doing that has been reached.
>

> This last is unclear and wierd.  In fact, it is only the boot-floppies
> maintenance team who can add and remove packages from base.  Rewording
> is below.

It's also current policy. I tacked it on only for reference. I'm not
accepting amendments that change that paragrpah, because I am only changing
a prt of policy to document existing practice, but you're quite welcome to
make your own proposal.

(It's odd -- in my last two proposals, I have quoted a little scrap of
context, and people have been keen to change that. Perhaps more people
should be reading policy and seeing what they think needs to be changed in
it.)

--
see shy jo