Re: beta software ok for unstable? (was: Re: policy Q's WRT imapd)

Hi,
>>"Guy" == Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu> writes:

Guy> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
>> `However, we might consider having a few packages in unstable which
>> will not be included in the `frozen' distribution automatically,
>> for example, if the upstream maintainers don't want us to include
>> it in a stable Debian release.'

Guy> In fact, it might be a good idea to demand for each package an ok
Guy> from the maintainer that this package is in a good enough state
Guy> for a freeze.

	If you think this is a workable solution, and that all
 maintainers are available at any given time.

	I think I prefer a fail safe solution where truly dangerous
 packages are kept in experimental, with *no* chance of making it into
 stable easily.

	I like the degree of separation the experimental area gives us.

	manoj

--
 "By long-standing tradition, I take this opportunity to savage other
 designers in the thin disguise of good, clean fun." Plauger, from his