Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

I think this boils down to one issue with only one solution that would satisfy RMS:

	Including a copy of the GPL in every single .deb

Linking to the GPL, assuming the all Debian users have copies of the GPL (which they should/do), and claiming that all other systems that try and use .debs are unsupported, isn't going to solve this problem.  Are we going to really waste time/space by copying the GPL into every .deb?  Probably not.  That would be insane.  So why are we arguing about this, since RMS clearly stated his (unpractical) demands?  Is it not for these reasons that Debian broke away from the FSF to begin with?

Just some thoughts....

serge