Re: xfree

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Ivo KRAB wrote:
> Sven Luther replied:
> >> Could you PLEASE build and package all the servers, not just the FBdev one?
> >> The fbdev is not accellerated for my Powerbook's Chips 65550, but the SVGA
> >> one is supposed to be.
> >
> >No, i will not, i have other things to do. If you provide me with a patch,
> >then i could do it. Anyway, i don't think the SVGA Xfree server will even
> >compile on ppc, but then i may be wrong.
>
> Don't know about that, but I don't see why it shouldn't. The way I see it,

Because it was not written to work on anything that doesn't look sufficiently
close to a PC.

> normally everything gets built by default, so is it a lot more work to
> package also the other server binaries?

Even if you manage to compile it (it won't compile out of the box), it won't
work. Of course patches are appreciated ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org

							    -- Linus Torvalds