Re: architecture not supported (sigh)

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 10:47:35PM +0100, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > 	i am trying to run debian on a g3 notebook and i did as follows:
> >
> > 1. downloaded kernel, drivers, base2_2.tgz, bootx, etc...
> > 2. booting does not work, doenloaded g3 linux from linuxppc.org
> > 3. rename root.bin to ramdisk.image.gz
> > 4. booting now does work, it even loads the ramdisk
> > 5. dibootstrap welcomes me by saying that my architecture is not
> >    supported yet, and reboots...
> > what does that means? isn't a g3 just a ppc? or not? it is the g3
> > of a friend of mine and i don't know very much about macs.

Its just a bug in the boot-floppies more then anything. There are some
steps you can follow to make the install happen. They require that you
either have a realnetwork(tm) or somefreetime(tm) or a linuxppc cd.

I sent someone some directions on how to do this / to get potato working,
etc. It would be nice if whoever i sent them to, could send them back to
me so I could post them somewhere useful.

-Matt