Re: Re : New maintener proposal

Thierry Laronde writes:

> > The procedure can be divided in a couple of stages:
> > 1. initial contact

I think he's missing step 0, "wait".

> Even for somebody like me, not even a debian maintener, the problems
> are obvious. And it's clear that the problem is not related to the
> new mainteners.

Absolutely. Most developers I have had contact with have been very
friendly and helpful. Other people just leave mail unanswered for
months.

> A maintener will have an address like me@maintener.debian.org. This
> way, he would not be psychologically encouraged to break the
> upstream version just in order to prove he is a 'developer'.

*huge evil grin* You are so right....

Well, i'd be for that proposal. Anyone else?

> Asking to join Debian will be, necessarily : becoming first a
> maintener, and *choosing a package in the orphaned ones* ( this list
> will be huge, if every 'maintener not maintening' is pushed out ).

OK. I've had a sponsored NMU done for me already, because of a smiliar
situation...

--
Decklin
Written with Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org/