Re: Multi-package projects

Hi,

Debian does not have a good way to manage projects that require changes
to large numbers of source packages to be successful. Handling projects
like that currently requires buy-in from each individual package
maintainer; if the project does not manage to convince sufficient
numbers of maintainers, it is liable to fail.

[...]

Does any of that make sense?

Thanks,

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

I will have a Tin-Actinium-Potassium mixture, thanks.

Hi

What you are writing makes sense to me. However, to me it sounds a bit like a "technical solution to a social problem".

This solution relies on the assumption that everyone in the project automatically "accepts" the solution with no hard feelings. Yet, I feel that our primary issue is that despite TC ruling and GRs, we have contributors that do not "accept" the solutions nor the process outcomes to end the conflict - and I do not see what would make people accept this process as a end of the conflict (when a GR could not).

Thanks,
~Niels