Donate to Debian using LiberaPay ?

On Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 5:26 PM, otyugh@riseup.net <otyugh@riseup.net> wrote:

> Hey,
> would you consider adding an official Debian account to LiberaPay ? You
> just have to enter a banking account on strip to allow direct donation
> with basically no need to supervise/give back ; no additional fees and
> it gives a simple way to collect money for Debian, and a easy way for
> people to give back.
>
> It'd be an easy way for people supporting Debian to do so casually and
> gloat about how they are good people giving for their prefered distro.
>
> I know I would.

Hi otyugh

The Debian Project appreciate very much donations! We are glad you consider to do so. :)

As Rivas said, the legal and fiscal organization which supports the project is the Software in the Public Interest Inc. (SPI), which is a non-profit 501(c)(3) based in the USA.

To know more about how to donate to Debian, please visit https://www.debian.org/donations.

To know more about SPI, please visit https://www.spi-inc.org/.

I would recommend that you forward your inquire regarding LiberaPay to SPI. They might be able to add it as an option for receiving donations.

Once again, thank you for your interest in supporting Debian!

Cheers

Felipe Maia