python packaging questions

Hi Debian Python experts,

I am currently trying to create Debian packages for a small python
application I am writing. I thinks, this application is not yet ready
for an official inclusion in Debian, but still, I have some questions
about 'proper' packaging just out of interest:

* For specifying supported Python versions, the policy recommends using
  XS/B-Python, whereas the python-support documentation recommends
  debian/pyversions. Which method should be used or does it not matter?
  What when using python-central?

* Which value should the XS-Python-Version field have to ensure easy
  transitions of future Python versions? I tried using 'all', but then
  my (binary) package depended for example on python2.3-gtk2,
  python2.4-gtk2 and python2.5-gtk2. Does that mean that all those
  packages will be installed or are those only virtual packages to ease
  future transitions?

* In debian/control: The python-support docs recommend using
  'Depends: ${python:Depends}' and then specifying the dependencies on
  other python modules in 'Python-Depends'. Should this method also be
  used with python-central or should then all the dependencies be
  specified in 'Depends'?

Thanks for your help,

Eike

--