Re: RFS: python-translitcodec , python-mongokit

* Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>, 2012-01-28, 00:52:
I've pushed python-translitcodec and python-mongokit into the SVN repository.

translitcodec looks interesting. (Though I don't intend to sponsor it, sorry. I'm boycotting dh_python2.) I will be finally able to phase out my python-elinks[0]. scripts/update_table.py tries to call sys.exit(), though it never imports sys.

It should be:

       if not (os.path.exists('translitcodec') and os.path.exists('transtab'))

rather than:

       if not os.path.exists('translitcodec') and os.path.exists('transtab')

Please remove the top comment from debian/rules, it doesn't make sense.

Please add Vcs-* fields.

Using "debhelper (>= 8)" instead of "debhelper (>= 8.0.0)" would be more friendly to backporters.

You can remove ${shlibs:Depends} from Depends, it won't be ever substituted.

Why "Priority: extra"?

Quoting DEP-5 specification: "There are many versions of the MIT license. Please use Expat instead, when it matches."

Please honour DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck.

It would be nice to run tests with all supported Python versions, not only the default one.

I wonder what is the copyright/license status of transtab directory.

Lintian emits:
E: python-translitcodec source: no-human-maintainers
W: python-translitcodec source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
W: python-translitcodec source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 0.2-1
I: python-translitcodec source: debian-watch-contains-dh_make-template

[0] http://jwilk.net/software/python-elinks

--
Jakub Wilk