setuptools 0.7

I saw Jason Coombs (new setuptools maintainer) last night at the BACON PIG
meeting.  It sounds like the new, merged setuptools is getting pretty close to
final release.  0.7 beta 1 has been release which contains the merge of
setuptools and distribute:

https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/downloads

Jason says they're just trying to get a bit more feedback before uploading to
PyPI.  He also said that it should be almost entirely backward compatible with
distribute.  I think he said the one noticeable difference is that zip eggs
are now the default again.

Details of the merge effort are here:

https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/src/330fb0be659a/MERGE.txt?at=default

referenced from the changelog:

https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/src/330fb0be659a/CHANGES.txt?at=default

It sounded to me like Jason had a fairly short beta period in mind, such that
a setuptools 0.7 release will happen in the next couple of weeks.

I think we should consider switching back to setuptools once 0.7 is released
(defined as "available on PyPI), since this will clearly be the future of this
component.  We may have some fallout to deal with in other packages
(e.g. virtualenv) that depend on this, and clearly setuptools/distribute is a
central part of our stack.  But it seems like now is a good time to shake that
out for Jessie.

-Barry