Re: Old generated binary dependencies after renaming psycopg

On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 09:08:01AM +0100, Tomasz Rybak wrote:
> Hello.
> After fixing #1016031 "psycopg3: binary package name should be python3-
> psycopg"
> (I renamed package names, full changes:
> * python3-psycopg3 -> python3-psycopg
> * python3-psycopg3-pool -> python3-psycopg-pool
> * python-psycopg3-doc -> python3-psycopg-doc)
> I tried to rebuild reverse dependencies,
> i.e. pgcli and python3-pgspecial.
> Rebuild went without problems, new packages are the same
> as old ones, but their binary packages still depend on python3-
> psycopg3,
> even though they build-depend on python3-psycopg.

Nope, pgcli does not build-depend on it, rather it explicitly
specifies Depends: python3-psycopg3.  Likewise, python-pgspecial
specifies the same Depends (though it also has a Build-Depends:
python3-psycopg3).  These packages will need their dependencies
updating.  (You might also consider making python3-psycopg Provides:
python3-psycopg3 and likewise for the other two binary packages for
bookworm.)

Best wishes,

   Julian