Re: Debian Python Team join application

Hi Alexandre (2023.11.17_21:52:39_+0000)
> My name is Alexandre and I am beginning into debian packaging.
>
> I started to package Gaphor which is a modeling GUI in Python. Also, Gaphas
> is a python library that is used by Gaphor (and other projects).
>
> I started to initiate the work here, on my salsa account (Salsa login =
> ahresse):
> - https://salsa.debian.org/ahresse/gaphas
> - https://salsa.debian.org/ahresse/gaphor
>
> I initiated two ITP for these two potential packages. (Still waiting for
> the IDs).

FWIW, these were both previously in Debian.

Yeah, we could carry them in the team.

I'm not going to review those packages right now. But request
sponsorship for them in the usual channels (IRC / the list) and
hopefully someone can help you.

> However, I think these packages would better be hosted in the Python team.
> Thus, I would like to join the Debian Python Team since I read
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst
> and accepted it.

I'm always a little bit hesitant to add brand new Debian contributors to
the team. In the past, I've sometimes done probationary membership or
just access to a single repo. But the risk is fairly minimal. The main
worry is that we get stuck with a package that nobody is maintaining.

Added you. Welcome to the team!

Stefano

--
Stefano Rivera