Re: Updating Flask to 3.x?

Hi,

Am 26.12.23 um 15:24 schrieb Carsten Schoenert:
I've uploaded first python-werkzeug

https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?experimental=1&package=python-werkzeug

and a day later flask with a newer version >= 3.0.0.

https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?experimental=1&package=flask

I focused the past days within my free time to fix issues related to
python-werkzeug. Some of the packages a I touched had also impact to the
broken QA packages in the flask package.

So far it looks not that bad, currently there are three packages left
for python-werkzeug.

flask-dance
For this package I wasn't able to fix the broken CI tests, fixing the
broken import which is shown on the QA output is mostly easy, but
afterwards there are some more other broken tests that will require some
help by upstream. Raising a issue within the GitHub issue tracker is
still needed. For now I postponed this, if someone wants to take action
on this please go ahead.

onionshare
open3d
These packages have currently no version in testing for some time. Both
will also require help from upstream I guess.

pytest-httpbin
Should be obsolete soon, I uploaded a newer version to unstable that
will fix the broken tests.

The amount of broken packages due the flask 3.0.0 upload is a bit
greater and I haven't looked much at these packages yet. My guess is
that most of these packages can be "fixed" by preparing uploads with
newer versions.

I wanted to give a update on the current state.

Since my last email about this topic a lot fixes and uploading of packages did happen by various people and contributors, thank you all for working on the build or test issues!

For now it's look quite good to me. There are currently three packages left that showing build or test issues while package build. The details can be found on the URLS from my previous email.^^^

python-werkzeug triggers (still) a autopkgtest failure for onionshare.

flask is provoking autopkgtest failure for ironic-inspector[2] and bepasty [3]. bepasty is fixed upstream and will get fixed in Debian once the newer version (not yet released) will enter Debian.

So we mainly have basically two packages left, I might will find some time and look again into onionshare. ironic-inspector is maintained by the Openstack maintainers and I'm not familiar enough to check if a newer version would fix the current test issues.

[1] https://ci.debian.net/packages/o/onionshare/unstable/amd64/41943542/
[2] https://ci.debian.net/packages/i/ironic-inspector/unstable/amd64/41962520/
[3] https://ci.debian.net/packages/b/bepasty/unstable/amd64/41942909/

--