Re: kwindowsystem_5.13.0-2_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

(Martin: apologies for double email, forgot to send to the list)

On 2015-08-21 10:57, Pino Toscano wrote:
On 2015-08-21 10:33, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Hello Pino,

Am Freitag, 21. August 2015, 09:45:59 schrieb Pino Toscano:
> Honestly as far as I see it Maxy agreed to your accusations, apologize,
> has
> giving as reasonable explanation why this happened,

Please do read the other reply I wrote yesterday, This is not the first
time such things happened, it's a cyclic issue that keeps repeating.

From your wording I gather that you think Maxy will never change his behavior – driven by your reception of the past experiences you had with him. But he
just promised he will try hard to.

Yes, he promised, just like the time before, and the time before that,
and so on. Every time in the same way, no change.

On my side, I actually don't care about this anymore.

which is your free decision to do even though I think you actually do care a lot, cause from what I perceive you put a lot of your emotional energy into
your last mail.

I'm replying not because I care about the actual issue, but because
it seems like, because the way I wrote, the issue seems to be shifting
into "bad Pino rants again good Maxy". As if diplomacy helped with
Maxy in the past...

As I understand things I can never ever sustainably and directly change someone else´s behavior as we are all free will beings. Yet, you can invite and allow for change to happen, model behavior that you think is good and
change your way you deal with behaviors of others.

From knowing Maxy a bit from DebConf I fully assume good intentions. As much as I understand that you seem to be frustrated with his past behavior for which he said sorry. So are you willing to set yourself free and forgive him
(at least after some time) and probably even assist him in changing?

This was *exactly* what I thought myself when committing a couple of
changes to kwindowsystem.git, and we all see the result...
So no, I don't care what/how he does from now on.

Ah, small side note: I know other people were somehow frustrated/hit
by his behaviour.

--
Pino Toscano