Re: file RC bugs for potato uninstallable pkgs (was Re: Pleaserelease 2.1r6)

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 04:40:37PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I would prefer Wichert's suggestion: to file one single bug report against
> ftp.debian.org .

That's going to be useless, since it will have no feedback or information
from the maintainers of the packages involved.

> Why don't you think these bugs are RC?

Because they don't actually break anything.

> Where's a reason for the difference between the priorities `optional'
> and `extra' if you can't be sure that a CD
> excluding all `extra' packages but including all others gives you a Debian
> with no missing dependencies?

The primary reason for priorities was to help people decide which packages
they want.  If you want to create custom CDs with special properties, feel
free.  If you notice that it doesn't really work with potato, feel free
to fix it in woody.

Richard Braakman