Re: T&S 2 - Die^H^H^HRelease Harder

Hi Marc,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 05:54:43PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:

> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:
> > So first, please continue to work on the RC bugs you already have, and
> > select at least two RC bugs from our RC bug list and add them to your
> > work list.

> The libnss-ldap issue is still not fixed, but as two weeks ago, it's
> waiting for a new upstream release. I think we still have enough time,
> as the package will be frozen in a few months, not in the near future.

OTOH, bug #199810 has been open since 2001; if we let all of the RC
licensing bugs linger because we have a few months before the freeze, we'll
get to the freeze and still need to repack all the orig.tar.gz's for the
upstreams that /didn't/ move on this issue due to lack of pressure from us.

> > Second, in addition to fixing *reported* RC bugs, you will often find
> > that you need to find, report, *and* fix bugs in others' packages.  One
> > category of bugs where this may be the case is build failures.

> I filed some other bugs in the week: #369607, #369611, #369628, #369629,
> #369687 (noticed while looking for packages which didn't migrate to etch)

Good, thanks!

> > Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt
> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?pkg=twin&arch=mips&ver=0.5.1-3&stamp=1142723928&file=log

> Bleh. Tested around on a mips box before my vacation, but wasn't able to
> get together a patch. This week I filed a bug on twin, which was picked
> up by tbm and ths, who agreed in saying that twin's behaviour of
> including cpu-feature-overrides.h is buggy. Haven't had the time to
> follow up on this.

Ok, please stay with this.  As you can see from the now-fixed bts.tz.net
pages :), an updated twin is needed to fix a different FTBFS that affects
testing, so without a fixed twin on mips* the package will need to be
removed.

If it reaches a point where you believe it's better to remove the package
from testing because the mips fix is taking too long, please let us know.

> > Your last task for the next two weeks is now to find at least one set of
> > packages, e.g. on http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/, and send us an working
> > hint.

> From vorlon's hint file:
> # 20060531; done 20060602
> # HE
> easy gammu/1.06.00-1 python-gammu/0.13-1
> easy fgfs-base/0.9.10-1 flightgear/0.9.10-2 simgear/0.3.10-2

Indeed.

> I also tried to help with newt/cdebconf and sgcontrol, but the final
> hints were from vorlon, so I guess that doesn't count :-)

Well, I already told you that you don't get extra credit for extra hints,
either. ;)  Though of course, more hints are always welcome, to keep
packages flowing into testing as quickly as is reasonable.

Cheers,