BTS lost most of its version tracking data!

Hello!
It seems to me that the BTS version tracking is no longer working
correctly.

Yesterday the RC bug count page [1] suddenly reported more than 2000 RC
bugs closed or downgraded. The actual listed RC bugs were not really
closed or downgraded, they just seemed to lack knowledge about which
package versions are currently in the various Debian suites (testing,
unstable, stable, ...).

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

As of now, the RC bug count page [1] claims

  Number concerning the current stable release: 24
  Number concerning the next release: 25

which is obviously wrong.

I think the problem is grave, as it seems to allow packages to migrate
to testing with new RC bugs.
For instance, fbpanel/7.0-2 [2] has just migrated to testing, and
this migration introduced one unfixed RC bug [3] into testing.

[2] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fbpanel
[3] https://bugs.debian.org/846626

I hope this BTS issue may be fixed real soon now, since it is
apparently causing harm to the stretch release process (this is why I
am Cc-ing the Release team).

Thanks for your time!
Bye.

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/
 There's not a second to spare! To the laboratory!