Re: BTS lost most of its version tracking data!

On 29/12/16 16:34, Francesco Poli wrote:
> Hello!
> It seems to me that the BTS version tracking is no longer working
> correctly.
>
> Yesterday the RC bug count page [1] suddenly reported more than 2000 RC
> bugs closed or downgraded. The actual listed RC bugs were not really
> closed or downgraded, they just seemed to lack knowledge about which
> package versions are currently in the various Debian suites (testing,
> unstable, stable, ...).
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
>
> As of now, the RC bug count page [1] claims
>
>   Number concerning the current stable release: 24
>   Number concerning the next release: 25
>
> which is obviously wrong.
>
> I think the problem is grave, as it seems to allow packages to migrate
> to testing with new RC bugs.
> For instance, fbpanel/7.0-2 [2] has just migrated to testing, and
> this migration introduced one unfixed RC bug [3] into testing.
>
> [2] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fbpanel
> [3] https://bugs.debian.org/846626
>
> I hope this BTS issue may be fixed real soon now, since it is
> apparently causing harm to the stretch release process (this is why I
> am Cc-ing the Release team).

Yes, we noticed that earlier today and decronned britney. Unfortunately that was
too late for last night's (UTC) britney run.

We need to implement a check in britney to abort the run if the data from the
BTS is bad. That is not ideal if the BTS gives us a partially broken file...
It'd be better if it gave us nothing at all if something went wrong.

Cheers,
Emilio