golang-github-revel-revel: Depends on network in tests

Control: severity -1 important

Dear release team,

I'm writing as a member of the pkg-go team and am mostly concerned about potential removal of depending packages.

The package itself appears to be fine. The tests fail if and only if the test setup doesn't provide (proper) internet connectivity. In fact, it tries at test time to reach http://httpbin.org/get - a service aimed at developing and debugging programs that do HTTP/REST calls.

Based on this, I'm not convinced about removing a significant amount of packages from the buster release because of this issue. I'm therefore downgrading the issue to important and would recommend fixing it right after buster release.

I'm reaching out to you to confirm this thinking. If you do believe this is something that ought to be fixed for buster, I'd be happy to upload the proposed patch to sid right away, as it seems appropriate to disable the test -- the additional test coverage that it could provide is in no relationship compared to the effort it would take to fake out the internet service.

--
regards,
    Reinhard