Re: SONAME bumps (transitions) always via experimental

Hi All

On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 at 00:33, Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> wrote:
> However, please describe an actionable plan.  What do you want to be
> rejected, in a codified form.
>
> It would be nice if you could provide a patch for process-new that
> displays this information.

Would it be a bad thing to require all uploads that need to go through
NEW (source and binary) to target experimental?

I have been doing this for my own, and sponsored, uploads for some
years already.  There's usually some reason for another upload after
acceptance anyway; e.g. source upload for arch:all, breaking changes
in toolchain or other dependencies, symbols file needs tweaking,
autopkgtest needs tweaking, bump Standards-Version, update
debian/copyright years, etc.

Regards
Graham