Re: libalgorithm-diff-ruby: Dummy package still needed?

This bug is relevant to many other Ruby packages, so I'm copying
debian-ruby ML.

Debian Ruby Policy states:

  The package name libfoo-ruby should be used for a dummy package that
  depends on libfoo-rubyX.Y that is packaged for default version of ruby
  X.Y. By using such a dummy package, user can easily follow upgrading.

Ruby 1.6 -> 1.8 wasn't the last migration ever, so when Ruby 2.0 is out, we
will need all these dummy dependency packages again. If we are to keep
the Ruby Policy as it is, this bug should be closed.

Or should we get rid of all the dummy packages and deal with the next
migration is some other way?

--
Dmitry Borodaenko