Re: RFS: ruby-multibitnums 0.1.2-1

Hi, very sorry for my late response....

At Sat, 26 Feb 2011 19:15:50 -0300,
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org> wrote:

> A curiosity: what do people use arbitrary big length integers for?

Some kind of data sets from remote sensing (e.g. space satellite
observation) and weather forcast dataset provides Japan Meteorological
Agency. I use this library to convert original data to some kind of easy
handling format (e.g. NetCDF or HDF5).

> The upstream sources do not have any valid copyright statements.
> A package cannot be uploaded to Debian this way. You will need to talk
> to upstream and convince them to include a proper copyright notice
> together with the tarball.

It's same problem about ruby-fftw3... I'll consult upstream author.

> Once we are talking with upstream, you could also try convincing them to
> include your patch for Ruby 1.9.1 support so you do not have to include
> it in the Debian package.

This patch was commited to upstream CVS head.

> Same issue with the previous package: libmultibitnums-ruby must be
> `Architecture: all` instead of `Architecture: any`.

fixed.

> There is a debian/changelog.old file in the source package. Please
> remove it. If want to keep your old changelog entries, in my opinion it
> is OK to include them in the actual changelog; you should just mention
> explictly in the newest entry the fact that that is the first version
> that was uploaded to Debian.

Ok, remove changelog.old

---
Youhei SASAKI <uwabami@gfd-dennou.org>
              <uwabami@debian.or.jp>
GPG fingerprint:
  4096/RSA: 66A4 EA70 4FE2 4055 8D6A C2E6 9394 F354 891D 7E07