Re: ruby-mysql2 package is prepared

On 11/08/2012 08:30 PM, Praveen A wrote:
ruby-eventmachine is already there. Yes, you have to package all test
dependencies first.

Ok, resolved this dependency.

You don't need it. All dependencies are mentioned in Build-Depends or
in Depends.

Ok.

Request membership to pkg-ruby-extras team too.

I see there are the mailing lists "pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers" and "pkg-ruby-extras-commits". Should the discussion continue there?

While building the package, I came across a problem that I don't know how to resolve. The spec tests attempt to connect to a running mysql server. The error message is:

./lib/mysql2/client.rb:44:in `connect': Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) (Mysql2::Error)

Naturally, I added mysql-server as Build-Depends, to no avail.

The next idea I had was that the server was not running. So I attempted to start it in an override rule like so:

override_dh_auto_install:
	mysqld_safe &
	dh_auto_install

It didn't work. `service mysql start` complained that the partition /var was full, so that didn't work either.

Then I looked at the ruby-mysql package, and it seems that it doesn't run the tests at all.

What to do?

Michael