Re: Ruby-configurate

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 04:36:41PM +0530, Nitesh A Jain wrote:
> 1) Do i have to change the copyright to include my name?

If you changed significantly the packaging (which should not be the case
here I guess), you can add your name to the debian/* Files: paragraph in
debian/copyright. Otherwise, there is no need to.

> 2) Also should i document the upstream's changes?

No. Upstream changes are (or should be) documented in the upstream changelog.
The Debian changelog just lists changes in packaging. Changes in
upstream version closing Debian bugs could be mentioned though (but it
does not apply here).

> 3) What tags should i push to git.debian.org?
> the current tags are:
> debian/0.0.2-1
> upstream/0.0.2
> upstream/0.0.8
> I am guessing I should delete all tags except upstream/0.0.8

You need to push all your changes and the upstream tag with:
git push --all
git push --tags

don't delete any tag: they mark in the repository commits corresponding
to previous versions. A debian/0.0.8-1 tag will be added by the sponsor
when the package reaches the archive.

Cheers,

Cédric