Re: Rails 3.2 sessions broken with Rack 1.5

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 12:48:52AM -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 06/05/2013 12:31 AM, Praveen A wrote:
> >We should add a package that runs at least these sequence of commands
> >rails new foobar .... rake test when any of the dependencies for the
> >default app is changed and make all those packages depend on this test
> >package. Or we could have some other method which will notify us when we
> >break this loop.
>
> I have exactly such a package.  :-)
>
> In fact, it is an official part of the Rails release process:
>
> https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/master/RELEASING_RAILS.rdoc#is-sam-ruby-happy--if-not-make-him-happy
>
> When it fails, it sends me an IM (using XMPP), it sends messages to
> #rails-contrib on irc.freenode.net, and sends a CampFire
> notification to the rails core developers.
>
> Current results:
>
> http://intertwingly.net/projects/dashboard.html
>
> Everything needed to run the tests is on github:
>
> https://github.com/rubys/awdwr#readme
>
> Right now, I run this code against versions of rails from git.  The
> same could would readily run against Debian installed versions of
> Rails and other gems.  I'll gladly set this up on debian hardware.
> Or run it on my hardware and send notifications to wherever desired.

I was starting to create something in that direction here:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-debian-qa.git;a=summary

My intention is to add tests to other Ruby packages besides Rails, and
have this running on http://jenkins.debian.net/

I will be happy to replace my very simple Rails test which yours. Is
there a way to run those tests without installing anything, so that I
can just do `apt-get install rails` and then run the tests? I couldn't
figure this out from a quick read at the README.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>