Re: ruby-em-http-request upload

2013/6/7 Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com>:
> Thanks! I just uploaded it. em-http-request needs http_parser.rb and
> not http_parser, so off to packaging that next.

While packaging http_parser.rb, ruby 1.9.1 tests are failing with

/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/json/common.rb:155:in `encode': "\xC3" on
US-ASCII (Encoding::InvalidByteSequenceError)

 in pbuilder. Looking on the web I found
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12130162/cucumber-fails-with-json-encodinginvalidbytesequenceerror

I have LANG=ml_IN as my default locale and dpkg-buildpackage works
(pbuilder has LANG=C as default). Also ruby 1.8 does not have this
problem.

an interesting discussion I found on this topic
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/136955

I think it is a bug in json library to depend on system locale. Any
ideas how to fix this?

I was thinking of setting up a UTF8 locale in pbuilder, but that
doesn't seem like the right approach.

Thanks
Praveen

Package: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-http-parser.rb.git