Re: Recent ARPACK package

Am Montag, den 10.11.2008, 13:03 -0500 schrieb Adam C Powell IV:
> On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 18:10 +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 10.11.2008, 10:05 -0500 schrieb Adam C Powell IV:

[..]
> > > One other thing: why is the ARPACK tree unpacked in the root and a
> > > separate directory?  The debian/rules file has no references to the
> > > ARPACK directory.  Can I just wipe it out?
> >
> > Think so. But you should check, if it is maybe cleaner to remove the
> > copy in the root directory and use the stuff in ARPACK, because this
> > package is a compilation of ARPACK and PARPACK. But some time has passed
> > since I touched the package, so you need to check this carefully.
>
> Thanks.  There are actually some differences, like "second" in ARPACK is
> "arscnd" in root.
>
> There are a lot of diffs vs. upstream, where can I get your .orig.tar.gz
> or a procedure for making it from upstream tarballs?

Not "my" :) I just helped getting it into some better shape. The
upstream sources should be here:
http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK/download.html. But Christophe
Prud'homme AFAIK put them together.

[..]
> Neither debian/rules nor any Makefile references ARPACK, but you're
> right, a couple of patches apply to that directory.  Like second is
> changed to secnd2 in ARPACK but not root,

Correct, but it is not applied.

> and noetime applies to ARPACK but not root.

This one applies to both and is necessary to compile with gfortran.

> I'll try to figure it out and make it work.  But I really need
> the .orig.tar.gz which is not on any of the mirrors since it's been
> removed.

Ubuntu still has it:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libarpack2

Regards, Daniel