[RFS] Re: Update on Geant4

Hi,

> This procedure failed:
>
> ~/git/science/geant4 (debian/latest)$ debuild --no-lintian --no-sign
> This package has a Debian revision number but there does not seem to be
> an appropriate original tar file or .orig directory in the parent directory;
> (expected one of geant4_10.7.0.orig.tar.gz, geant4_10.7.0.orig.tar.bz2,
> geant4_10.7.0.orig.tar.lzma,  geant4_10.7.0.orig.tar.xz or geant4.orig)
> continue anyway? (y/n) y
>  dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui
> dpkg-buildpackage: info: source package geant4
> dpkg-buildpackage: info: source version 10.7.0-1
> dpkg-buildpackage: info: source distribution UNRELEASED
> dpkg-buildpackage: info: source changed by Stephan Lachnit <stephanlachnit@protonmail.com>
>  dpkg-source --before-build .
> dpkg-buildpackage: info: host architecture amd64
>  debian/rules clean
> dh clean --buildsystem=cmake+ninja
>    dh_auto_clean -O--buildsystem=cmake\+ninja
>    dh_autoreconf_clean -O--buildsystem=cmake\+ninja
>    dh_clean -O--buildsystem=cmake\+ninja
>  dpkg-source -b .
> dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no upstream tarball found at ../geant4_10.7.0.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz}
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b . subprocess returned exit status 25
> debuild: fatal error at line 1182:
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui failed
>
> I tried adding --no-tgz-check, but that didn't help, either.

Ah sorry I forgot that point. You need to run uscan --download to get the upstream tarball.

But actually you don't need to do that anymore. Because thanks to you I found the issue :)
I don't know why I thought the examples would segfault, because they didn't. Apparently I have a bad memory already.

In fact only my project segfaulted, and I spend some time trying to debug it. I discovered that they changed some
of the functionality of the Analysis Manger when resetting files (I think they fixed a bug which I exploited before).

Anyway, thanks a lot! This means I'm now looking for a sponsor again.
If there is someone reading this who wants to sponsor this, you might already take a look at the copyright.
I will add autopkgtest and split the packages before I want to upload it, but I think I'll finish with that this evening.

Regards,
Stephan