Re: [RFS] Re: Update on Geant4

On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 05:17:27PM +0000, Stephan Lachnit wrote:

> Ah sorry I forgot that point. You need to run uscan --download to get the upstream tarball.

But the upstream tarball is already included in your git repository?
I did not find the pristine-tar branch, but this created the orig.tar.gz:

gbp buildpackage --git-pristine-tar-commit

Is that the recommended way now to deal with the upstream source? I use a
pristine-tar branch for that, then gbp simply works (for me).

I am uploading the debs to:
https://people.debian.org/~cts/geant4/
I will still take a while, I have a slow uplink...

I am not a geant4 programmer/user, but maybe Christoph can run some tests
(and build me a new planeto/magnetocosmics?).

> Anyway, thanks a lot! This means I'm now looking for a sponsor again.
> If there is someone reading this who wants to sponsor this, you might already take a look at the copyright.

Well, did anything change WRT the copyright? As far as I understand, this
can not be included in debian main.

> I will add autopkgtest and split the packages before I want to upload it, but I think I'll finish with that this evening.

Christian