Re: Changes for new upstream version (2.9.0) of DUNE (Mini-transition because of OPM)

Hi Markus

On Tue, 3 Jan 2023 at 02:46, Markus Blatt <markus@dr-blatt.de> wrote:
> Nevertheless opm-grid, opm-material, opm-models, opm-simulators, and opm-upscaling will
> need to be rebuild for the mini-transition. Otherwise they won't work correctly
>
> If it is possible to give me upload rights for the DUNE packages, then I could do the
> upload/transition work myself, too. But I would still require some guidance (next steps, etc.)
> and don't want to step on other people's toes.

I found out about this transition after an Ubuntu developer asked me
to schedule binNMUs for some opm-* packages.  In future, you can
follow steps described [1] and file a transition bug against
release.debian.org. For now, I have scheduled binNMUs for opm-grid,
opm-material, opm-models, opm-simulators, and opm-upscaling.

I've also set up a transition tracker [2], with the following ben file:

title = "dune-common-2.9.0";
is_affected = .depends ~ /libdune-common-2/;
is_good = .depends ~ /libdune-common-2\.9/;
is_bad = .depends ~ /libdune-common-2\.8/;
notes = "https://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2023/01/msg00001.html";;
export = false;

Please let us know if anything else is needed.

Regards
Graham

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions
[2] https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/dune-common-2.9.0.html