Re: Crypto

John DOE <bacteria@petekmail.com> writes:

> Hello everybody,
> I want to have some information about what kind of cryptological benefits does my linux server offer to me . I searched linuxdoc.org but could not find a howo about linux cryptology. Could you please guide me to a web site or to a documentation site where I can start from the novice level and go up to the guru level ?

First, do you mean cryptography or cryptology?  According to the handy
web dictionaries, cryptology is the study of cryptography or
cryptanalysis.  So, as you implement cryptography on your machine, you
can study cryptology to really get a grasp of how it works and what
the limitations are. :)

Really, though there are all kinds of resources for cryptography on
the web.  You might try searching Linux cryptography on the web.
Also, I believe there is a link to a non-US site on www.kernel.org
that has kernel specific cryptography information.  And last, I recall
that the PGP documentation had a very good introduction to
cryptography.

HTH,

Brian