Re: TMS390 CPU Hardware Question

look for a Sun part #, it should start with a 501-xxxx (7 digit #).
You can cross it in SunSolve or I can look it up.

Josh Kuperman wrote:

I recently was given four Sparc 10s - I'm adding disk and memory to
them and plan on making one of them my major server. I have the
machines but nothing telling me anything about them. They have two
different CPU cards. They are all TMS390 CPUs but two have a second
large black heat sink with "cache controller" written on them.

Anyone know if:

1. It makes a difference which cards I use for multiprocessing.

2. Which one would be better. dual cache controller, one of each, dual
no cache controller.

3. If they all have cache controllers and some just have a fancy heat sink.

4. A good place to find out things like this.

5. Is there any advantage to putting more than two processors in one machine.

6. Is there a "cheap" source for additional processors.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us