Slink to potate upgrade

I have one very simple question (?!): how safe is to upgrade now from
slink to potato on debian/sparc?

I tried to do it at the end of march, with many problems. In more detail,
after upgrading the kernel to kernel-image-2.2.14-sun4cdm and installing
libc6, I have fallen in a "Conflicts/Pre-depends loop" related to
perl-base and libdb2, which I have not been able to fix.  I have thus
reverted to a plain slink installation.

Afterwards, I have read the Ben's e-mails suggesting not to install the
latest libc6 and libstd++2.10. However, I have not understood yet whether
this has been fixed and whether it is somehow related to the problems I
had.

Thanks for the help

-- Sabino

Sabino Maggi                     !  tel: (+39) 011-3919-436
IEN "G. Ferraris"                !  fax: (+39) 011-3463-84
Strada delle Cacce, 91           !  e-mail: maggi@ien.it
I-10135 Torino, Italy            !