Re: Slink to potate upgrade

> I have one very simple question (?!): how safe is to upgrade now from
> slink to potato on debian/sparc?
>
> I tried to do it at the end of march, with many problems. In more detail,
> after upgrading the kernel to kernel-image-2.2.14-sun4cdm and installing
> libc6, I have fallen in a "Conflicts/Pre-depends loop" related to
> perl-base and libdb2, which I have not been able to fix.  I have thus
> reverted to a plain slink installation.

I remember running into that while upgrading my sparc to potato.  I don't
remember how I did it, though.  Just keep in mind that it can be done (I
did it).

> Afterwards, I have read the Ben's e-mails suggesting not to install the
> latest libc6 and libstd++2.10. However, I have not understood yet whether
> this has been fixed and whether it is somehow related to the problems I
> had.

Yes, it has been fixed, and no, it's not related to the problems you're
having.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein