Re: Whoops! Lost xdm and startx ability.

> Hello
>
> I'm using potato and I tried to dselect the Xsun24 Xserver.  Now, when
> I startx, I get a blank white screen.  I used dselect to add/remove
> xfreecommon, xsun24, xsun, etc. many times.  I still cannot get it to
> work.  It appears all packages are installed.  Currently,
> /etc/X11/Xserver has the /usr/bin/X11/Xsun as the first line in it.
> However, startx still just shows a blank screen.

According to the docs at www.sunhelp.org, the LX has a cgsix framebuffer,
which is 8-bit only.

Considering that Xsun24 is intended for 24-bit framebuffers (like what you
find on an Ultra), that might be the problem.

> Please help.  I'm at a loss as to what is happening.  My system is a
> sparcLX using the default video card.  The LX Video simm is also not
> installed.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein