Re: can't boot after kernel upgrade

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 05:03:53PM -0400, Mohsin, Moamer O, CSCIO wrote:

> I recently compiled and installed version 2.4 kernel using kernel-package on an ultra5 , compilation and install had no erros. After the reboot I get the following :
>
> SILO boot:
> Uncompressing image...
> /
> Decompression error: uncompressed image too long - wouldn't fit into destination
>
> Error loading /vmlinuz
>
> Image not found.... try again

Rebuild the kernel with some things as modules. Your image is too big.
You can also try not compressing it. Compressing the image means there
needs to be room in ram to load the compressed image, and room to hold
the uncompressed image.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/