Re: 2.6.0-test6

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 04:54:07PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> Ahh, but my goal is to have sparc32 running. I don't need 64 bt, and I'd
> prefer not to have the overhead. I figure that sparc64 is a good place to
> start though. Not to mention the SS20 that I'm eventually going to have
> running deb.
>
> Any tips on compiling sparc32 cleanly?

I thought you were running on a sparc64. If that's so, you need to use
egcs64 in order to compile kernels on woody, or gcc-3.3 in unstable,
even though userspace is 32-bit.

For sparc32, you will have lots of trouble getting 2.4, much less 2.6.x
running on sparc32 at the moment. Mainly because no one has nailed down
all the problems yet. 2.4.22 is pretty good, but still has issues on
smp.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/