boot kernal

Package:	 boot-floppies
Version: 	 slink
architecture:  i386
model:         486 HP Netserver LF
memory:        128meg
scsi:          aic7770
cd-rom:        SCSI CD-ROM Toshiba XM-4101TA
network card:  HP 10/100
pcmcia:        none

Hiya Folks,

Any progress on a boot-kernel that dosn't freeze up with an aic7xxx scsi
adapter?  My old 486 HP Netserver has one.  It happens to have RedHat 5.1
and Dos on it at the moment.  Booting via boot-floppy, or via loadlin,
hangs even with the "aic7xxx=no_probe" boot parameter.  I'd love to test
out a new boot-kernel.  Or is it possible to install Debian (which I'd
prefer) over RedHat whilst running RedHat?

cheers

shane