Re: boot kernal

The problem seems to go deeper than your 486 NetServer.

I have tried to install on a system with an AHA-2940U2W,
which uses the same driver, and stumbled as well.

I can provide more details including error mesages
and different kernel configs upon request.

The system runs fine with 2.0 and 2.1, so there are no
hardware troubles.

Best regards,

Fred Peeterman

TerraTec Electronic GmbH,            Herrenpfad 38,
                                     41334 Nettetal,
                                     Germany
http://www.terratec.net              mailto:fred@terratec.de

These opinions are mine.             They may be yours;
they may be the company's.           Then again, maybe not.