Problems with apache & PHP in woody

Why do I get "PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on line 0" in apache error.log?

I've run apt-get update... and it has installed apache 1.3.22 and PHP 4.0.99
Before this update it worked nicely and effectively, but last saturday the update of apache was released and caused problems with PHP 4.0.5 (broken dependencies) but today it seems the 4.0.99 has fixed that. But now I can't start apache with the module libphp4.so added. Why is that, anyone?

/Patrick