Re: Sarge not booting kernel used in links

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 02:34:58PM -0300, Gonzalo Sainz-Tr??paga???ga wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 12:49, Jim Seymour wrote:
> > it is booting using the old kernel.  How can this be?
>
> Did you build and install "a la debian"? (aka make-kpkg and dpkg -i
> kernel-image)? If you did so then its extrely weird, but you should have
> 2 entries en Lilo now: Linux and LinuxOld. You should boot using "linux"
> obviously.
> If you made the new lilo configuration by hand then it sounds like you
> didnt rerun "lilo".

I never touched lilo.conf.  Also lilo only has an entry: Linux.  Was
make-kpkg or dpkg supposed to run lilo?  After banging my head for
awhile I ran lilo and rebooted.  It then rebooted to the new kernel.
Do we have a possible bug in one of those programs or need a change in
Debian Reference documentation to make sure lilo is run manually?

Thanks,

Jim Seymour