Option to install LILO instead of GRUB

Hello,

I have installed Debian Etch on my notebook and on my desktop computer. The installation was flawless on my notebook, but on my desktop I had the following problem: The installation went fine, but when the newly installed environment should boot, the computer just reboots. The computer would thus be in an endless reboot loop. I could only fix this by booting with a Linux live cd (I used Knoppix) and then chrooting to the disk Debian was installed on and then installing LILO. After that I had to boot in recovery mode using the Debian installation cd and run 'lilo' so it would modify my MBR.

It took me a lot of time trying to figure out why my system would reboot, and a lot of time to fix it. Maybe it would be better to have the option to install LILO instead of GRUB during Debian's installation (like it was on the previous release)?

Greetz,
Pieter Agten