Re: incomplete ec/tc fonts in tetex-extra of potato(and woody)

Atsuhito Kohda writes:

> Hi all, I investigated this issue a bit
> There are so many files missing in tetex-extra of both potato
> and woody.  It is too long so I only show you the list of 'ec'
> but the situation is same for 'tc' fonts.

> All these font files are driver files and without these TeX
> or drivers (xdvi/dvips) can not create necessary *.tfm nor *.pk
> files.

As far as I can tell, mktexmf should be able to generate those files
when they are needed.  Run for example

mktexpk --dpi 600 --bdpi 600 --mag 1 --mfmode ljfour ecui0600

to see whether this works.

> By the document of CTAN/fonts/jknappen/ec, we need ecstdedt.tex
> and tcstdedt.tex to create these *.mf files.  But we do not provide
> even these *.tex files so a user can not create necessary *.mf
> by himself.

> I wish to know how do you think on this issue.

> Best Regards,			2000.8.11

> --
>  Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
>  Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>
>  Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.

> == list of non-existent files ==
> ecbi0500.mf  eccc2986.mf  ecoc3583.mf  ecsi2488.mf  ecst2488.mf  ecui0600.mf

(etc)

--
Olaf Weber

Part of being competent is knowing that you might be wrong ... even if
you were correct yesterday with the same answer.       -- Barry Kearns