Re: Changes in t1lib.

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> On 09.01.04 Artur R. Czechowski (arturcz@hell.pl) wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 02:23:53PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> > I suggest the following:
>> > 1. Rename existing t1lib (1.3.1) source package to t1lib-old or
>> > 2. Package t1lib 5.0.0 as source package t1lib, providing libt1-5,
>>
>> Those two points are almost finished. Both packages are uploaded
>> to experimental.
>>
>> If package which you maintain[1] use t1lib I would be glad if you
>> could check if it builds correctly with t1lib-dev (1.3.1-7) or, at
>> your option, libt1-dev (5.0.0-2).
>>
> Anybody wiht an unstable system out there, could you please check
> that?

I tried, but I couldn't find libt1-dev nowhere. I looked in experimental
and unstable, there's only t1lib-dev-1.3.1-6 and 1.3.1-8. With this
version it compiles without warnings in a pbuilder chroot.

I finally found the sources for t1lib_5 in the pool. It seems the
maintainer uploaded only ia64 binaries, and they have not yet been
compiled for any other architecture. Well, it compiles and installs
without problems on i386.

tetex-bin compiles without errors and unusual warnings with
libt1-dev_5.0.0 (there are many compiler warnings, but none from the
linker). There are warnings from dh_shlibdeps

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find path for libkpathsea.so.3

but this seems to be a pbuilder problem (it's the same when compiling
t1lib).

Unfortunately, I don't know which programs to run for testing the
function. Does anybody have an idea?

Bye, Frank

P.S. Hope this mail stays in debian-tetex-maint and won't go into
-devel, as Hilmar's did.
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie