Re: dh_installtexfonts in tex-common, new usage

>> On Die, 18 Okt 2005, Florent Rougon wrote:
>> >   dh_installtexfonts foo.cfg bar.cfg=12 baz.cfg quux.cfg=11 ...

[...]

> Done and checked in.

Great!

> Can someone please read over the man page (pod2man)
> if the explanation is too cryptic or not.

OK.

- maybe you can get rid of the --priority option now; otherwise, I would
  change its help text to simply: "set the default priority to n,
  instead of 10" ("updmap-config file" is unclear, etc.);

- s/standard priority/default priority/g so that there is only one word
  for every concept;

- now, you can remove all other references to the number 10 in the man
  page (to avoid duplication, etc.); also remove the "(but see below)"
  which is now implicit due to the use of the term "default priority".

- the -n option is a good idea

- s/type1/Type 1/

- the 1) 2) and 3) stuff doesn't format well with pod2man;

- s/standard priority/default priority/g so that there is only one word
  for every concept;

- etc/texmf/updmap.d/ should be /etc/texmf/updmap.d/

- please give a short example for the syntax in 2), (Map=foo.map,
  MixedMap=bar.map)

- s/If the cfg files created/If the provided cfg files/

- TeX Policy -> Debian TeX Policy...

- s/register TeX fonts/register the fonts with TeX/ or something like that

- NOTES should become something like that:

   Note that this command is not idempotent. "dh_clean -k" should be
   called between invocations of this command, unless using the -n
   option. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text
   to be added to maintainer scripts.

   Please refer to the Debian TeX policy for details about font
   configuration for TeX by Debian packages.

   [the section number may well change...]

>> > Yes, the grep treatment the scripts undergo is easily forgotten given
>> > enough time, and putting a short comment to remind about that is
>> > cheap...
>
> It is also there now.

Fine, thanks.

--