Automagic boots

Hi all,

I've set up a part-time server for our group.  Every morning at 7:30
it automagically boots up and at 8:30 in the evening it shuts itself
down.  Works like a charm, really, and is very `green'.  Not?

However, lately I've noticed that the machine occasionally boots right
after it has shut itself down, around 8:3[123] PM that is.  I've spent
some time checking logs and there is nothing that caught my attention,
just some Samba connections right before and some time after the shut-
down/boot cycle.  BTW, the machine is behind a firewall.

If anyone has a clue what might cause the machine to mysteriously boot
in the evening, I'd sure like to know!  Right now, the only thing that
I can think of is some overlooked BIOS settings (and I'm experimenting
with that) that cause the machine to boot when there is traffic on the
network.

FYI, the machine is a Debian dedicated IBM PC 300PL.

Thanks in advance.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development