Re: Automagic boots

"S. Salman Ahmed" <ssahmed@pathcom.com> writes:

>     OM>  Hi all, I've set up a part-time server for our group.  Every
>     OM> morning at 7:30 it automagically boots up and at 8:30 in the
>     OM> evening it shuts itself down.  Works like a charm, really, and
>     OM> is very `green'.  Not?
>
> How have you setup this machine to automatically boot up at 7:30am after
> it shut itself down at 8:30pm the night before ?

Via the machine's BIOS.  It has several settings to automagically boot
under certain conditions.  Apperently I haven't got a clue as to which
conditions are causing my problem.  Come to think of it, it is likely
that neither Debian nor Linux have anything to do with it.  But since
the boot always take place within a few minutes after the shutdown (it
looks an awful lot like a regular reboot but it's not in the logs like
that---I mean `last reboot' shows nothing for the times concerned) it
just might.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development