debian 1.1 (unstable..)

Hello,
I'm trying to install a 'fresh' 1.1 system and have just finished
downloading the net, admin, and devel subdirs from ftp.debian.org to ease
the installation process.

I am stuck though. I got the 3 base disks from ftp.debian.org, along with
the root disk. I could not find a boot disk though (problem 1). On two
mirros (caldera and microworld) they had the boot disk (1.3.47 kernel..
and 1.2.13 kernels).
So i create the disks (using the 1.3.46 one) and boot up. Everything
looks good. Very good menu enhancements (better than the 0.93 release).
i create,format, and mount the partitions along with swap partition.

When trying to install the base, i get
 'Warning: bdflush not running' messages when reading from disks.
 at the end, it says all disks read correctly and seems to say that the
base was installed.
 now to install the kernel, a pop up message says that i need to install the
base first (isn't that what i just did??)

the same happens when using the 1.2.13 kernel boot disk. with an added
message when reading the base disks
 'ioctl: fdflush (not critical): invalid argument'
 and when mounting the partitions, it is looking for a minix filesystem.

anyway, where is the 'good' repository for the boot,root,base disks for the
1.1 system??

I do not want to upgrade the .93 system i have, but would like to play
with the 1.1 on separate partitions...

anyway, any help is appreciated...

-Frank