Re: seyon

Sven Rudolph writes:
> That's right and wrong.
>
> I'm the current maintainer of seyon, but I dont't use it (I have
> neither a phone line nor a modem). This limits my opportunities wrt
> finding and fixing bugs.
>
> I have been offering maintainership for this package for months, but
> nobody voluntered to take it over.

IMHO, you would have more volunteers if there was a comprehensive "how to"
manual on the creation of *.deb packages. Right now, one has a bunch of files
to "grog" through ranging from FSSTND stuff to sample debian.* . If you happen
to be a master programmer with loads of time, that arrangement undoubtably is
ok. While I consider myself a competant programmer, I find that "mess" very
intimidating. I have several programs which I'd like to create a *.deb for,
but most likely, they'll never see the light of day. Maybe one of the experts
would like to start a "how to" for guys like me. 8-)

--
Sent by Debian Linux ]=-  (tomk@westgac3.dragon.com)
A HAM and proud of it! KD4CIK - Thomas Kocourek